This kit includes everything you need to build Aurora 9×18 mk2, plus mounting screws & nuts. Those screws can also help you when you solder in the LEDs, by giving the PCB a lift off the working surface.
The smallest SMD parts are 0603 size, which is quite tiny. Naturally it’s very easy to lose them while assembling. Since it’s not fun having to buy those little parts because you lose them, there are a few extras included for all 0603 size parts. There are a few extra LEDs included as well. Hopefully you won’t have to stop the assembly because you’ve lost a few parts.
The diameter of the PCB is 4.32 inches (109.7 mm).
- 4x 47 ohm (0603)
- 162x 150 ohm (0603)
- 9x 220 ohm (0603)
- 13x 1k ohm (0603)
- 4x 10k ohm (0603)
- 2x 0.1uF (0603)
- 2x 10uF (1206)
- 1x 22uF (1210)
- 3x DMP3098L (P-ch MOSFET)
- 9x MMBT2222A (NPN transistor)
- 1x PIC24FV16KA301
- 1x GP1UX311QS or equivalent (IR remote receiver)
- 1x Tactile Switch
- 162x Tricolor LED (common-cathode)
IMPORTANT: You need a compatible PIC programmer such as PICkit 3, ICD2/3, etc. to program the PIC. (PICkit 2 does not support the newer PICs used on those Auroras.) If you don’t have access to program the PIC, you can choose “programmed” option for additional $5. The PIC IC will be soldered to the PCB in order to be programmed.
- Aurora 9x18 mk2 assembly guide
- Aurora 9×18 mk2 Schematic
- Instructables for Aurora 9×18 (older version but gives you the overview of the assembly process)