Wave JT is a tiny LED sequencer or “Larson Scanner” on steroid. It has over 16 sequence patterns, and speed can be adjusted by double/triple tapping the button. It’s the most versatile LED chaser.
Unlike other LED chasers, Wave JT controls each LED in smooth 7 bit (128 levels) brightness levels. The brightness curve is gamma-corrected like Aurora series, so the fades are visually pleasing.
Not only Wave JT versatile, it’s also energy efficient. Wave JT runs on a single AA battery, and the battery lasts for days!
Please view technical details and assembly instructions at instructables.
Wave JT is made with 100% through hole parts. No surface mount parts!
- 8x 3mm or 5mm Super Bright LED of your choice
- 1x 4.7k ohm (R1)
- 1x 100k ohm (R2)
- 8x 39 ohm (R3-10)
- 1x 10pF Ceramic Capacitor (C1)
- 1x 0.1uF Ceramic Capacitor (C3)
- 1x 33uF 10V Electrolytic Capacitor (C2)
- 1x 47-100uH Axial Inductor (L1)
- 1x Schottky Diode (D1)
- 1x 5.1V 500mW Zener Diode (D2)
- 2x MPS2222A or equivalent NPN BJT (Q1-2)
- 1x PIC16F1823 or PIC16F1824
- 1x Tactile Switch (SW1)
- 2x Battery Clips
Note: As of Oct. 1, 2012, all Wave JT kits are shipping with preprogrammed PIC. You do not need a PIC programmer to assemble Wave JT kits!